Word count: 283
Reading Time: 2 minutes
I’ve always wondered (until now)…
• What is the tip of my elbow called? Answer: the decranon
• How many hours do we actually use our cars? Answer: the average automobile spends 95% of its useful life not moving (parked)
• If you straightened out a French Horn, how long would it be? Answer: 20’, but why ruin a good horn? Really?
• Does anyone still use an iron lung? Answer: Yes. In 2019, three people still use an iron lung in the US. Remember the Miracle of Hickory?
• What is the most discarded piece of trash thrown out of car windows in the world? Answer: Cigarette butts
Probably not a big surprise…just look beside your car at any intersection…
• OK cat lovers, this one’s for YOU. Are there more dogs or cats in the US? Answer: There are currently 13 million more cats than dogs in the US. I guess we know who has been “catting around”, huh?
• SO, you love your jeans, do you? Well, thank our water supply as well. How much water is involved in the production of a pair of jeans? Answer: It takes more than 2,500 gallons of water to produce a single pair of jeans. I assume they are only talking about “faded” jeans.
• Other than our US military, who orders the largest amount of explosive material? Answer: Disney, for its nightly fireworks show.
• What is a lychnobite? OK, so maybe I haven’t been wondering this…but thought it was interesting! Answer: A person who works at night and sleeps during the day. Take notice 3rd shift workers…call your fellow nighttime co-workers this, and you may be on the floor!
By Anthony K. (Tony) Jackson, MBA, Entrepreneur, Founder of GFB Connect, Inc.